The Core Clinical Research Training (CCRT) course is a training program designed to provide a comprehensive overview of clinical research for coordinators and other research personnel. While the course focuses on research at MUSC, the overall premise and concepts are relevant for anyone in clinical and translational research.
The goal of CCRT is to enable research team members to conduct compliant and efficient biomedical research that aligns with federal regulations and Good Clinical Practice guidelines, while also promoting the rights and safety of human subjects. The CCRT course prepares personnel to effectively manage clinical research and also provides a general overview of research concepts and requirements.
- Good Clinical Practice
- HIPAA and Other Federal Guidelines
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) Policies and Procedures
- Adverse Events, Protocol Deviations, and Unanticipated Problems
- Informed Consent
- Research Billing Compliance
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Recruitment Planning and Development
- Feasibility and Data Access
- Research Misconduct
- Our live course is reserved for MUSC personnel
- Next Course: October, date TBD
- Limited to 30 attendees
- In-person instruction and online quizzes. Attendance at all sessions is required.
- Our online course is available to both MUSC personnel and non-MUSC personnel
- Offered every two months year-round (January, March, May, July, September, November)
- 24/7 web access for eight weeks
- Recorded presentations and online quizzes
- Please complete the registration form for the Core Clinical Research Training Course, and submit any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email requests for registration will not be accepted in lieu of the form.
- The CCRT course is intended for MUSC employees and institutional affiliates who currently hold positions in clinical research.
- In order to be enrolled, registration and payment must be received no later than 5:00pm on the 25th of the preceding month (i.e. August 25th for the September 1st class). This policy applies to both the online and live sessions.
- The fee for the course is $75 for MUSC personnel and $175 for non-MUSC personnel.