Core Clinical Research Training
The Core Clinical Research Training (CCRT) course is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of clinical research for research personnel. CCRT is intended for MUSC employees and institutional affiliates who currently hold positions in clinical research.
Are you interested in learning about clinical research management? The next live session is scheduled to begin June 1, 2020.
Goal of CCRT
The goal of CCRT is to enable research team members to conduct compliant and efficient biomedical research that aligns with federal regulations and Good Clinical Practice guidelines, while also promoting the rights and safety of human subjects. The CCRT course prepares personnel to effectively manage clinical research and also provides a general overview of research concepts and requirements.
Topics Covered Include:
• Adverse Events, Protocol Deviations, and Unanticipated Problems
• Feasibility and Data Access
• Good Clinical Practice
• HIPAA and Other Federal Guidelines
• Informed Consent
• Institutional Review Board (IRB) Policies and Procedures
• Recruitment Planning and Development
• Research Billing Compliance
• Research Misconduct
• Standard Operating Procedures
- Available for MUSC personnel only
- Next Course: beginning June 1, 2020
- Limited to 20 attendees
- In-person instruction and online quizzes (attendance at all sessions is required)
- Available for MUSC and non-MUSC personnel
- New cohorts begin in January, March, May, July, September, and November
- 24/7 web access for eight weeks
- Recorded presentations and online quizzes
- Email requests for registration will not be accepted in lieu of the online registration form.
- Registration and payment MUST be received no later than 5:00pm on the 25th of the preceding month (i.e. August 25th for the September 1st class) to complete enrollment. This policy applies to both the online and live sessions.
- Cost: $75 for MUSC personnel and $175 for non-MUSC personnel.