MUSC Foundation for Research Development
MUSC Foundation for Research Development is responsible for evaluating all intellectual assets the enterprise owns and generates, extracting value, and forging industry and other relationships resulting in products and services that provide real-life solutions to the world’s medical needs. Whether our translations involve a technology license, research collaboration, or new startup venture, we serve as a dedicated one-stop shop for advancing innovation at MUSC. Our team is also dedicated to building an ecosystem of innovation whose activities contribute to MUSC’s overall economic impact on our state and country.
FRD has compiled resources for inventors, entrepreneurs, and industry at MUSC to assist in the technology transfer process.
For inventors, you will find a list of disclosure forms, policies for intellectual property and faculty start-ups, inventor resources, and Frequently Asked Questions to assist with any and all technology licenses, research collaborations, new startup ventures, or any other commercialization activities.
For entrepreneurs at MUSC, FRD serves as a partner for faculty, staff, and students, as well as outside entrepreneurs who are looking for new ventures based on MUSC technologies. FRD has complied Start-Up Guidelines, as well as entrepreneurial resources for review and use.
FRD acts as the point of contact for industry and entrepreneurs. Here you will find a list of available technologies at MUSC, industry resources, draft agreements, and Frequently Asked Questions.
To facilitate the translation of all MUSC discoveries into products and services for the public’s benefit.
- To be the service center to faculty, staff, and students for all matters related to IP.
- To create and foster both new and ongoing relationships with industry organizations and other academic institutions.
- To generate revenue for FRD operations, inventors, and the University to support research, education, and patient care.
- To be a major factor in the recruitment and retention of MUSC faculty.
- To promote regional economic growth, job creation in conjunction with CIE and facilitate the formation of University startups.
Technology Transfer & Commercialization Process