SCTR/CCHP offers consultation service to MUSC faculty and community members in the following areas:
- Approaches to Community Input
Utilize approaches such as focus groups, “talking circles” and/or technology-based platforms (social networks and virtual community forums).
- Assessment of Partnership Readiness
Provide tools and guidance to determine how academic and community partners can best prepare for their collaborations.
- Community Engagement Study Design Methods
Offer guidance on incorporating community-based theories and frameworks into study designs, research and evaluation plans, community needs assessments and regulatory compliance.
- Conducting Systematic Reviews using CE Principles
Supply strategies to conduct systematic reviews using community engagement principles.
- Budget Preparation for Community Engagement
Advise on budget considerations and ensure appropriate compensation for individuals/organizations engaged in research.