Examples of Sponsor's Final Close Out Report Processes
The process for submission via eRA Commons:
- Log into eRA Commons and click the Status tab at the top of the screen.
- Select "Requires Closeout" hyperlink in the Action column on the award.
- Click the “Process Final Progress Report” hyperlink in the closeout status screen.
- Upload Final Progress Report file and click the “submit” hyperlink.
- Institutional approval of the Final Invention Statement is in eRA Commons.
- Either the PI/PD or ORSP can upload the Final Invention Statement.
- Click the “Process Final Invention Statement” hyperlink in the closeout status screen.
- Click “yes” if inventions are to be reported, or “no” if none have occurred.
- If “yes”, then list the specific inventions in HHS Form 568 and submit for ORSP review/verification.
- HRSA: All progress reports, including the final report, are submitted via the HRSA Electronic Handbook.
- AHRQ: The final report (in Word format ONLY) is submitted by the PI via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A template and further instructions on content are found on the AHRQ Grant Post Award Management site.
- CDC: The final report is submitted by the PI to the Grants Management Specialist. Further final report guidance from the CDC is available on the CDC Grants site.
Unless the award specifies otherwise, a hard copy of the report must be mailed to the Sponsor at:
SAMHSA, Division of Grants Management
1 Choke Cherry Road, Room 7-1091
Rockville, MD 20857*
*Use zip code 20850 for overnight delivery
For more information, go to the SAMHSA Grant Closeout page.
The PI submits the final report by logging into Research.gov and selecting "Awards and Reporting" and then selecting “Project Reports”.
Specific requirements on submission (i.e. - electronic system or email to Program/Grants Officer) and content of the report vary in each award document.
The Office of Naval Research (ONR) Regional office may be the administering office, in which case a copy must be forwarded. Refer to the specific award terms as reporting requirements will vary.