Welcome to the Providing Education & Enrichment for Research Success (PEERS) Workshop Series sponsored by the MUSC Office of Research Development (ORD). The purpose of the PEERS program is to provide targeted support to early career faculty actively developing competitive NIH career development (K-series) or research (R-series) proposals for submission or resubmission in the next 6 to 9 months. This program is a direct response to requests from MUSC early career investigators desiring additional training opportunities in grant writing technique and grantsmanship.
The goals of this program are:
- To provide opportunities for focused revision, refinement, and development of critical proposal documents.
- To improve understanding of grant writing principles through thoughtful document deconstruction.
- To increase writing clarity via objective commentary from peers and senior faculty not related to the project.
Who Is Eligible for This Program?
Individuals who are eligible for this program:
- Have an MUSC faculty appointment
- Are performing basic or translational research and are submitting a K or R-series grant in 2018
- Have not compete successfully in the past for NIH extramural funding as PI at the R-level
Alexis Nagel, Ph.D.
Research Development Strategist
Office of Research Development