access intranet after hours circle-arrow apply blog caret circle arrow close closer look community outreach community outreach contact contact us down arrow facebook lock solid find a provider find a clinical trial find a provider find a researcher find faculty find-a-service how to apply join leadership left arrow locations logo make a gift map location maximize minimize my chart my chart notification hp notification lp next chevron right nxt prev pay your bill play previous quality and safety refer a patient request a speaker request appointment request an appointment residents corner rss search search jobs Asset 65 submit a story idea symptom checker Arrow Circle Up twitter youtube Dino Logo External Link University Logo Color University Logo Solid Health Logo Solid Arrow Right Circle Book Calendar Date Calendar Search Date Diploma Certificate Dollar Circle Donate Envelope Graduation Cap Map Pin Map Search Phone Pills Podcast


Submit your idea using the specific invention disclosure form below.

Shortly after submission, you will receive a formal acknowledgement email providing a case number and advising you of any additional information required. A licensing manager will be assigned to your case and will reach out to you as soon as possible to discuss your invention.


Record of Invention (ROI) Form
Select this form to disclose inventions that may be protected by patents or trade secret. Such inventions may include novel therapeutics, new indications for existing drugs, diagnostics, medical devices and research tools like assays, reagents and animal models.

Copyright Disclosure Form (PDF)
Select this form to disclose creations that may qualify for copyright protection. This includes, but is not limited to, software, webpages, videos and books.

Mobile Application Disclosure Form (PDF)
Select this form to disclose mobile applications only.

VA Reporting of Invention Form (PDF)
If you have VA “eighths” or a research contract (WOC or DAP), the VA requires completion of their own Reporting of Invention form.

VA Certification Form (PDF)
As of September 2, 2016 these forms, located at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs will be the only VA ID and IC forms accepted. TTP has also instituted version control, so the older forms are no longer valid to use.

Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) Request
Select this form to submit a request for a contract that governs the transfer of tangible research materials between two organizations, when the recipient intends to use it for his / her own research purposes.

Questions regarding the completion of forms and completed disclosure submission may be directed to

FAQs About Disclosures