We are the MUSC Foundation for Research Development (FRD). We are responsible for evaluating all intellectual assets the enterprise owns and generates, extracting value, and forging industry and other relationships resulting in products and services that provide real-life solutions to the world’s medical needs. Whether our translations involve a technology license, research collaboration, or a new startup venture, we serve as a dedicated one-stop shop for advancing innovation at MUSC. Our team is also dedicated to building an ecosystem of innovation whose activities contribute to MUSC’s overall economic impact on our state and country.
To facilitate the translation of all MUSC discoveries into products and services for the public’s benefit.
- To be the service center to faculty, staff, and students for all matters related to IP.
- To create and foster both new and ongoing relationships with industry organizations and other academic institutions.
- To generate revenue for FRD operations, inventors, and the University to support research, education, and patient care.
- To be a major factor in the recruitment and retention of MUSC faculty.
- To promote regional economic growth, job creation in conjunction with CIE and facilitate the formation of University startups.